Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Miracle on 34th street show 5

Today was a very busy day for me as I did numerous different tasks.

First of all, I made sure all the makeup was set up and ready for the performers to come in so we would already be prepared as I feel this is a way of being professional. It also makes all the MUAs feel ready to do makeup and feel organized. I applied the face charts to the way with some blue tack to make sure it didn't damage the walls of the venue. I moved all the chairs under the table so nobody could trip or fall over them and I also made sure the rug was out of the way of the door to avoid performers tripping over it on their way in and out of our room.


I started the makeup by applying the golden stars to the children's faces. I realised that we have enough of golden glitter for all the makeups so I quickly thought on my feet and informed the other MUAs so that everyone didn't add some so they would all be the same. Instead, we improvised and used golden highlighter I had with me. Everyone used this so it would be continuous throughout tall the MUAs work and so none of the performers would stick out any different to another.
We also asked the performers again if the purple facepaint on them was better than the blue as the blue was staining their faces badly when removing. They agreed it was a good improvement so we continued using this.


When doing the elf makeup today I realised how much I had improved at it as previous to the show I had never practiced this look. I think from doing it from show to show I had improved on it quite a lot as the freckles looked more realistic but you could still see them on the stage. This was a lot better as before they just looked like brown dots on the face.
The MUA team today faced a large number of problems and jobs. I feel like this is because the performers were getting quite tired and worn out. The children became restless and didn't want their makeup done and they kept coming later and later to get their makeup done. This meant the makeup team had to work faster and together more to get it all done in time.


Some of the children came to us saying that they needed their hair done today and they were running late. I showed an MUA how to do a low ballet bun as they had never done one. So when we would do them later again we could work together and get them done faster instead of just me doing them. When doing the hair we had to make sure they all looked the same which required a lot of communications between MUAs to make sure they were doing it the same. I feel like this showed our professionalism as communication is a key part to it. I also think little things like this made us closer as a team as there had been previous tensions between the group.

One the nighttime show I helped out with the quick changes at the side of the stage. I helped a girl but her gloves on and made sure put them on the other side of the stage during the blackout in the show. I also added some red toy soldier circles to some of the actors in the dark side of the stage which was pretty difficult. I loved helping out with the quick changes as it really made me feel like I was helping out with the show and also made me get a feel of what it would be like to work in a professional show some day.

Before leaving I made sure to update all the registers and made sure everything was clean and tidy for the next day to work on the show.
I also gave my hardest worker sheets out the the MUAs to motivate them as they seems quite exsaused and de-motivated after a long day of working. I think just a little thing like giving certificates out relly motivated them just a little bit and made them ready to work on the next day.



No comments:

Post a Comment