Thursday, December 20, 2018

Miricle on 34th street show 6


Today was the last ever showing of Miracle on 34th street' being performed at the Arc. All the cast seemed very exhausted and sad about it being the last show. However, they had been told about a secret Santa meeting at the end of the day. I feel like this helped motivate the younger children as it got them excited for children instead of being sad about the end of the show.

The makeup team seemed quite positive at the begging of the day. However, as it went on they seemed to get more tired and bored. I brought the idea up that we could do some practice makeup on one another while waiting for performers to come and get ready for the show. I attempted to go for a grinch eye look on myself and I really enjoyed doing this. I think it made everyone less bored and made them ready to do makeup on the performers on the later shows. As we had been doing the same makeups over and over I think everyone enjoyed doing something new and creative.



Today I was also asked to do quite a lot of straight makeups. I think this is because it was approaching the last show and so performers that had been doing there makeup themselves may have wanted a change and wanted the last show to feel special for them. I did some of the chorus cast and one of the main cast. As this was my first time doing full straight makeup on this production I felt they went pretty well. We also used teamwork while doing the straight makeups as we didn't all have every little thing we needed on our own but between us, we had more than enough. We all worked together to get it done and I think that shows we are professional. As some of the makeup team don't have the same opinions on things I feel we did well putting that all aside and helped one another which is what should be done while working together in a professional manner.

Today we didn't have an official room and we got told to move into a corridor. With there being no other available rooms we had to move. While we were in the corridor I made sure to check for any safety hazards for the MUAs or any performers walking in or out. I made sure all the MUAs had there bags tooked to the side so there would not be any tripping hazards. I made sure everyoens belongings stayed int their bags so the wouldnt go all over and cause any tripping hazrads. I also made sure evryone that had drinks to keep them in there bags and make sure there was no spillages. Also, any rubbish anyone had went in one carrerbag so it wasnt everywhere and making saftey hazards.

There was a lot of emotions flying around with all the cast and crew around the time of the last show.  As we all got called into the theatre before the last show for the director to say her thankyous there was a lot of cast crying. When doing there makeup last on I wanted to raise their spirits and make sure they would smash the last show. The director said her thank you to the makeup team. It made me feel so proud to be part of the MUA team as we all worked really hard and for someone to say thank really boosted our morals for the last show and make us feel good about what we had accomplished. We received a card and some chocolates from the cast to say thank you which was lovely. A lot of the children came up to us and said thank you as well as some of their parents.  Just looking at the back of the program and seeing our names made me feel proud of the team. This whole experience working in a team has really helped our class I think. It has made us a lot closer as a team and I think this will help our teamwork on future events we take part in. New friendships have been made from this and our bond with the college musical theatre group has really been made stronger.
I feel like these thankyous made everyone so much more positive about the last show and made everyone excited to smash the last show. Like they say in the theater 'end it with a bang!'.

Before it was time for everyone to leave we all said our goodbyes. I made sure registers had all been completed and told everyone I wasn't going to hand out the hardest worker certificate for today because everyone had worked as hard as they would and there wasn't anyone that stood out any more than others. and I really think this shows our teamwork skills! we all worked hard to help each other and get all jobs completed at an outstanding standard. It had been an emotional night and it has all come to an end. Well done to all cast and crew that worked on this show. I think everyone worked as hard as they would and we all did amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment