Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Miracle on 34th street show 4

Today I did a lot of face painting. Last night after the show I organized my it to makeup sure everything was sanitized and clean.

Also, I made sure it was all organized! I cleaned all my face paints and deep washed all my brushes to make sure everything was ready to use today. I feel like this is necessary as it shows you are a  professional MUA.


The top two photographs are of the elves makeup we did on the smaller children and also the two older actors. I love how the elves makeup turned out as I feel it makes the children look more childlike even though they are wearing quite a lot of makeup. I also think it makes them look really adorable and it makes the character come to life more. The rosy cheeks and nose add a lot to the face giving the appearance the elves are cold like they would be in the north pole. Therefore I think this makeup is very effective.


In this show, it was also my turn to go to the side of the stage for quick changes for the actors during the stage. This involves me applying rosy cheeks with face paint to the soldier-actors and helping some clowns take their makeup and get change very fast.
 I must also make sure I take some of the actor's gloves and in the blackout time it perfectly so I get on the other side of the stage to give them to them when they come off stage. I love being by the side of the stage helping as it gives you a feeling like your in the show yourself. Also, you get to experience the show in a different way to the audience. Today I also wore a bright yellow top. I did this on purpose so the actors would be able to see me in the dark lighting at the side of the stage. I tried to think of a way that they would see me without using touch as the audience would be able to see that through the curtain. I came up with the yellow top idea as it's a bright color that none of the cast is wearing. Therefore, nobody will get me mixed up with anyone and it won't cause any delays in the show.

Most of the MUAs where quite exhausted after doing so many shows by this point. I tried to boost morale by playing a small quiz game with everyone making sure to get everyone involved. I also did a Christmas music competition to get the MUAs in the Christmas spirit. We did all this while the show was running while 2 MUAs went beside the stage to help with quick changes. We did this because there is not much room beside the stage and so we didn't want to overcrowd backstage with too many people as it's not necessary. Overcrowding backstage would be a massive health and safety hazard as it is very dark behind stage not to mention the blackouts that happen. There is also a lot of furniture and probs behind the stage to remember so the overcrowding could cause injuries which could lead to the show having to get stopped to go get help.






No comments:

Post a Comment