Friday, December 14, 2018

Miracle on 34th street show 3



Today was my third day working on this production. after watching the show yesterday it gave me so much more enthusiasm for the rest of the shows as I made me so proud to watch and I wanted to keep the standards high and show as good as it had been yesterday. When I arrived the first show makeup had already been done. However, the show was canceled as the school watching pulled out. This made a lot of the cast feel quite deflated and down. I tried to cheer some of them up just by talking to them about how good the show was last night and how well they were doing. A lot of the cast took numerous naps throughout the day. It was very important that I was on the ball making sure cast had their makeup done throughout the day otherwise they may have slept in throughout the time they were meant to get in done and it may of put the show behind if the cast weren't ready. I made sure I kept an eye on the time and made a list of who needed their makeup done when. This seemed to be quite a good system. While waiting in between I practiced some other Christmas face painting and designs. In the top left is an image of a grinch practice face painting I did on my hand. I think this turned out quite well for just a small doodle.

I also had to deal with a problem with where we would be set up for the day. The original area we got placed was in a corridor. However, from looking around the arc pre-production we realised this is the main fire exit for backstage and it was a huge safety risk if we blocked it. I immediately went to find a staff member who could arrange another room for us. They agreed it was a huge safety risk and arranged for us to have a small area in a different corridor where we wouldn't be blocking any pathways. We got moved into a small seating area near where the customers of the show were. We needed to make sure all our belongings were very organised and make sure there were no safety hazards od MUA, performers or the public slipping or tripping over our belongings. We made sure not to put our legs out while on the chairs so people don't trip. Lastly, we made sure that our water for our face paints wasn't leaking or all over so people don't slip over.


Today I also did some clown, Christmas tree and elves makeup using face paint. Some of the cast complaints about the facepaint staining there face especially the red and blue colors. Therefore we had to re-think the color choices. We decided to use purple instead of the blue as it doesn't stain too much as it doesn't have too much pigmentation in like the blue. For the red, we also used red eyeshadow instead of face paint. This allowed the performers to get the makeup off faster and also it will prevent staining as much as the face paint. I think this helped a lot as when they were taking the makeup off for quick changes, we didn't have to apply too much foundation to cover the staining.

We also used grease paint on a show to see how it stained it was a bit better. However, it didn't dry which made the young children accidentally smudge it around causing MUAs so step in more and more for quick touch-ups. Therefore we decided to stick with the face paint and eyeshadow.

Before I left today I made sure the registers had been updated for the day correctly and made sure everyone was positive about the next day working. Overall today went very well as all makeup was done in good time and no one was late in doing the application of it and all quick changes were done promptly. Our time management went well and we stayed professional thought the shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment