Thursday, December 13, 2018

Miricle on 34th street show 2

Today was my second day working on the production of Miricle on 34th street. Today run a lot smoother than the time before I worked on. Today I helped my fellow MUA Bernie but the beard and hair onto Santa from the production. This took around 1 hour to complete.
This only took an hour because the beard had already been prepared by other MUAs. I assisted Bernie in removing the beard from the display head and applied to the face piece by piece in order using spirit gum. While Bernie finished off the beard I prepared the crepe hair to apply to the forehead. I then applied this with spirit gum and waited for it to dry. I then got a comb and gently combed the crepe hair back into the normal hair which had already been painted white so the crepe hair would blend in with this correctly. I liked working in a team with Bernie as I felt we worked well together to get the job done. We worked in a professional Manner with the performers and it went well in the end. As I had never worked on the beard so far throughout this production I felt very proud watching the actor put on the costume as I saw their character fully completed. I thought it looked really good as I feel it showed a true representation of the character Santa Claus.
We made sure every couple of days to make sure the performers hadn't had any reactions to the products we were using.


After I had helped with the beard work, I moved onto the smaller children in the
production playing clowns, elves and Christmas trees. I used good quality face paint on the children and used the face charts that had been designed pre-production. As we did not have many MUAs on this day, I had to use my time productively as I did not have long to do all the children's makeup. I had an idea to cut out a template from a piece of makeup packaging that was foam and cut it into a star shape. I used this to template the star onto the face, making it a lot faster to do the Christmas tree makeup designs on the actors. Then all I had to do was just outline them with black face paint and it was done. I used highlighter instead if glitter as one of the MUAs had accidentally taken it home and we thought because of the harsh stage lighting you may not be able to see the light yellow star. So my solution for this was to use a golden highlight on the stars. this was they will still catch the stage lighting just like the glitterwas there for.
For this show, I had the chance to go into the audience and
experience the show from the other side of the stage. I felt like beard stole the show (not to be biased). It made me very proud watching mine and Bernies work on stage as it looked very realistic and brought the show to life. I tried practicing some of my photography skills while watching the show and tried to capture sometimes in the show where I felt the beard really helped with the characters look.

Overall I really enjoyed the show and I loved watching it come to life. I felt very proud of all the cast and MUAs on the production as I know everyone has worked so hard to achieve a show to this standard. It also made me excited to work on the others shows that we will be doing and also made me feel really festive with Christmas approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment