Wednesday, October 3, 2018

1980s boys

1980s research 

Men’s clothing in the eighties was snug fitting and comfortable. Soft fabrics were everywhere and, while they clothes were still tight compared to today, they weren’t skin tight like the seventies.
Activewear was a popular choice for men and boys alike. Matching sweatpants and sweatshirts flew off the shelves for the entire decade. Especially sportswear that supported pro sports teams. NFL-licensed clothing dominated schoolyards across the United States.
If a boy wasn’t wearing NFL clothing, then he was sporting a sweatshirt featuring his favorite cartoon character or superhero.
Teenage boys wore lots and lots of denim. Denim jackets were complimented by matching denim jeans. Also corduroy pants were a hot item.
The men’s hairstyles in the 1980s era were inspired and affected by the trendy pop music at that time. The men’s hair in the 1980s became much bigger than any big size introduced before. The 1980s hairstyles for men were very rocky, punk and diverse hairstyles. There were many men hairstyles that produced in the 80s era.  The perm was very popular with teens in the 1980s. 



Moodboard 

Character profile

THE BASICS

Name  Archie Harbottle
Age     18
Place of birth
Current location
Nationality   Britsh
Education    SRC college
Occupation    Student

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
  • Eye color?    Blue
  • Hairstyle?     Curly Perm
  • Build?       Tall and slim
Do they have any distinguishing features Dimples
What's their usual level of grooming?  Freshly shaved 
How do they walk? Confidant 

Makeup plan 

  1. Clean the face so makeup will apply better.
  2. Apply perfectly matched foundation to the face and neck. Making sure the ears are also covered.
  3. Apply powder all over the face.
  4. Next, contour the face, making the features stand out from the stage. 
  5. Fill in eyebrows using brown eyeshadow. making sure not to change the shape of them drastically.
  6. Apply a small amount of lip balm on the lips to give them back their natural colour.
  7. Lastly, curl the hair using chopstick curlers and hair spray the full head. 


Experimental Review
Overall I think my practice boy 80s hair went well. We tried to create a fake perm using chopstick curlers and hairspray to create this. I think it turned out very well. as it is quite tricky, I enjoyed having the chance to practice this look to find techniques that work well. I will be using this when I do the actual assessment.


I practiced woman's 80s makeup here as I would not be getting the chance to do it in the final assessment. I used models and music videos of this time period to create this makeup and I love the way it turned out. I love the way the eye shadow blends into the ye brow as I feel it makes the eyes stand out.












Review
I think my makeups went very well. I used the same techniques as my practice run in the hair. I created the perm using chopstick curlers and hairspray to keep it in place. I really think this turned out well and I am happy as what I created without actually perming the models actors hair.
For the makeup I used a Merhon foundation stick to the face. This foundation was a perfect coverage for the stage. However, I feel like next time I do this makeup I could make it slightly darker as the lights on the stage washed his face out and made him look very pale. I then added quite a large amount of powder to the face as the actor would be under the lights for a long amount of time and may become very sweaty or shiny. this will prevent this happening as much as the powder will make the face matte and will help with the shininess.
I then applied Vaseline to the lips as the actors lips were quite dry. lastly I added A small amount of brown eye shadow the eyebrows as the lights may wash them out. Therefore , this was there would be more colour to block out which would still make them prominent.




No comments:

Post a Comment